Friday, January 31, 2014

More Douchebaggery and Falsfiying On My End

View of one of my all time favorite places, Mt. Humongous (or was it Mt. Massive?) a top Leadville, Colorado, right as Doooders and I drove off from the liquor store forgetting our 6-pack on the curb.  We didn't even remember about the 6-pack until we'd finished the other 6-pack a few hours later back at the campsite.  Yeah, that was stupid.

But not as stupid as the texts-war I had with the Deadwood dude the other night; I'll start calling him "Deadwood Dick."  OK, so he asks for my number off the dating site over a week ago, almost two weeks ago, after not really emailing much before-hand.  So I don't hear from him and write him off.  The Artist from Wyoming has been wooing me anyway (more on that sweetie later).

Then out of no where Wednesday night he texts me that he's in town running errands.  He says he's just going to stay the night here (why?, weird), rather than drive back up to Deadwood.  He asks me what I'm doing.  I say I'm working late and have a lot of work to do.  I tell him that he should enjoy our downtown night life and go out to eat at the new Indian place. 

Then it goes like this:

Deadwood Dick: why don't you meet me right now downtown for dinner?

Me: (getting annoyed because I already said I had to stay late, and, WTF, we didn't make plans) No, I can't.  I have a ton of work to do.

Deadwood Dick:  . . . . Your lame. ;-)  (yes, he spelled it that way)

Me: (getting even more annoyed) If you would have given me say a heads up.  Try planning ahead sometime, and maybe I will.

Deadwood Dick: Try living life, be spontaneous!

At this point, I ignore him because I'm getting fed up.  I stay late another hour then I go home and put on my P.J's because it's late.  About that time I get another text from him.

Deadwood Dick: I'm still here if you want to meet up with me.

At this point, I'm furious.  I SAID I had to work late.  I SAID if we'd made plans then that was different.  UNLIKE, the Artist-guy (more on him later), this guy hasn't had any conversations about himself with me, no emails, no phone calls.  I basically do not know him at all, and I'm supposed to drop what I'm doing and meet him?  I'm even more suspicious about him staying in town in a motel when he only lives in Deadwood.  Is he looking to "hook up."

Oh, I was spontaneous all right, because I texted him this:

Me: No.  I have patients to take care of. I am a doctor in E.R.,  and I have mountains of paperwork in my office.  That's why I said to plan ahead might be nice.  I have lives to save.

Yes, I actually said that (new readers, I'm an English teacher NOT a M.D.).  Then he said:

Deadwood Dick: I'm sorry.  Oh, I really look like an ass.  I'm so sorry.  I'm going home now."

WTF?  So once he saw that I was someone important, he backed off.  Soooo, did he just think I was some white trash cashier with a second grade education at Wal-Mart or something, looking to get lucky?  And what was up with suddenly driving home now.  I thought he was spending the night in town.  (was he hoping for a hook up?)

Then, he sends me this weird picture of his head laying on a pillow with his eyes closed.  It was so flipping weird.

I knew it was too good to be true to have THREE cool guys writing/wanting to date me now.

Stay tuned.

No comments: