Friday, November 9, 2012

Done with Dating



Me, back in the day, as a college student.  What I didn't know about men back then.  Lordy.

Sorry, I've been remiss.  Just busy with work.  Dating news?  Well, here's a big update!  I'm done.  No more dating.  I took my name off every dating site that I was on back in September and have been enjoying slowly getting my piece of mind back.  Screw all that dating crap.  I'm done with it.  After The Hole, there was a freak from Colorado writing me who started claiming that he was "falling for" me.  Hello?  We were only talking on the phone two or three weeks and hadn't even met yet.  That sealed it.  Done.

In, fact, I'm seriously thinking of going back to my ex.  No, no.  Not Cactus Man.  I've not lost my mind.  But the dude I dated for 8 years.

He was a commitment-phobe and never put a ring on my finger.  In fact, that was the only time we'd ever quarrel.  His big drawing card?  He is trustworthy.  And we are good friends.

And these days, after all the damned flakes I've dated since 2004, that one quality

T.R.U.S.T.W.ORT.H.I.N.E.S.S

is beginning to mean a lot to me.  Love, schmove.

What really matters in life when it comes to people is trustworthiness.  If you don't have that, you don't have shit.

And he's still cute, too.  Why not.  No hurries.  We're just exploring our friendship.  And if you go at it that way, friendship, you can't go wrong.

No comments: