Saturday, February 4, 2012

Growing Up and Growing Older




Me and the B, watching some TV. PBS, that is!

Well, what's new? Denver got boatloads of gorgeous, fluffy snow, Denver being just a few hours away, and we got nil. Zippo. In fact, I'm typing this to the sound of either Mourning Doves or an owl outside. Very springlike and strange, so much for cross country skiing this weekend.

Guess who called yesterday?

Ivisible Man. I didn't take the call. He left a voice mail, saying he hoped I was well and hinted at it would be nice to go to the Firehouse Theatre with me to see Jen's show which opened last night. I was too busy to answer, even though I wasn't really doing anything, and well, I guess I turned a corner in my evolution as a woman. And I'm so proud of myself how I got over him so fast, meaning, 3 months. That's pretty good. It took me 3 years to get over Cactus Man. It's not that I don't want to talk to IM, but when you regulate someone to the "Friends Only" bin, (especially after they've been intolerable) something changes when it's YOU who have made the changes in your life. I don't know what it is but when I do this, I feel more independant, confident, happy, trusting with my heart. It makes me wonder if I'm meant to ride the journey of life alone, with only a few buds along the way. Hmmmm.

Oh, and The Bigot is out of my life for good. I see I can't even find The Bigot on my Facebook, which meant, she not only deleted me as a friend but blocked me.

Ooooooh, the BIG, scary "Liberal" people like I am (in western SD, "liberal" means communist). It's best to block them. Liberals like me are dangerous. They believe in unfathomly crazy things like equal rights for all people, good affordable health care for all, good education for children and social security for old people, and keeping jobs in the U.S. rather than tax breaks for corporations to outsource them to third world sweatshops.

Dr. McReynold's has a cool sign on his door that says, "Taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized society--Oliver Wendell Holmes." Pretty cool, I think.

No comments: