Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer time, Summer time



Me at the gym, sporting different hair these days for summa-time, summa-time.

So what's new?  Not much.

I met my friend last month, and we had cocktails and a fabulous dinner at Enigma, then he had to dash back home (a couple hours east of here) for work.  He's an engineer and is currently wearing two hats at his workplace.  Is he "hot" like I usually go for, not really.  But he's not fugly at all.  In fact, he has a nice smile and kind eyes.   And he's tall, in shape, etc.  So, we'll see.

And we're friends, and I LIKE it.

I was having a conversation with Cookie yesterday over a beer, about kids, being a single mother, dating.  (I have no kids, but I am a single-doggie mother).  And "dating"  hahahahahahha.  Whatever.

She said, "You know, I just can't see dating at this time.  A blended family, everyone getting along.  I just can't do it.  I don't have time.  My kids take up my time."  I told her I didn't blame her, and I know TWO women who, while their kids were under 18, refused to date at all, focusing their engeries on simply raising their kids.  She said she couldn't agree more, but that her sister had chastised her for not wanting to date anyone.  I, however, commend her.

As it should be.

I'm not sure why women rush into dating so quickly.  I've been "done with dating" since last August.  I can only do friendship first, and well, anything else has simply got to wait.

Anything worth anything is worth waiting for, not rushing through, folks.  But that's my "life of hard knocks" talking, my "truth" as it will.

More later.

They'll be some upcoming "Camp Tales," as Doooders gets here soon.

No comments: